TPG Community

Get online support

I cant lay games with my friends

reuben159
Level 2

to clarify my friends can't connect when host LAN servers or host servers through the in game multiplayer server hosting feature. the game appears online, my friends begin to connect then are instantly removed from the game upon connection.

I've already opened my ports (although my ip cant be static)

the firewall has been opened and disabled 

I used 3rd party software such as Hamachi (worked in the past)

I'm getting to my wits end is this a tpg issue even steam remote play won't work whats going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @reuben159 ,

We'd love to help check the status of the connection on our end however we can only test on our end the line fault and provide basic troubleshooting for the internet service.

If you are having issues on hosting game on a particular online / multiplayer game we recommend to check first the game support to identify the issues and provide assistance.

Have you tried connecting to mobile hotspot if the issue still persists?

Regards,

to clarify my friends can't connect when host LAN servers or host servers through the in game multiplayer server hosting feature. the game appears online, my friends begin to connect then are instantly removed from the game upon connection.

I've already opened my ports (although my ip cant be static)

the firewall has been opened and disabled 

I used 3rd party software such as Hamachi (worked in the past)

I'm getting to my wits end is this a tpg issue even steam remote play won't work whats going on?

reuben159
Level 2

that sounds like an exelent idea i feel silly that i didn't at least try it I'll get back to you

reuben159
Level 2

Ok, I've dusted off the old pc from the shed to test some things it might not be new enough to run a AAA game but i can manage steam remote play.

firstly I've fully updated win 10 on the old system

made a second backup steam account account and fully activated it

disabled firewalls on both computers 

file and printer sharing was switched off (now on)

ran a hotspot like you suggested to no avail

i paired both computers using the steam pair app including pairing the computer i was using 

only started working when i used the third party hamatchi service (even after unpairing both devices)

david64
Level 15

Hi @reuben159 . Is your problem resolved or still being investigated?

If fixed, was it because you now use the Hamachi VPN?

Did the game work previously without the VPN?