TPG Community

Get online support

I have an Archer Vr1600v router and want to login to it from a remote location please help

Md1
Level 2
Level 2

I have an Archer Vr1600v router and want to login to it from a remote location please advise a test setup.

I want to be able to browse to WAN address of the router and see routers login screen.

1 REPLY 1
david64
Level 15

Hi @Md1 .  

Enable remote management in router. Advanced/System Tools/Administration.
Decide if you want to use HTTPS for security. And select port number. And Save.
A user has reported that the remote management flag is being cleared across router restarts (power or reboot) so you might check that.
There's also an issue where TPG might be blocking ports for some users. When testing, if you're not getting connection, try port number from 30000 to 40000.
If using HTTPS, download the certificate and install it on the device you'll use to access router.
Test the setup; just use the public ip address the router has currently. You might want to consider changing the router's admin password.
In your browser: https://publicipaddressSmiley Tongueortnumber
Since the router has a dynamic ip address, create a Dynamic DNS account with DynDNS or NO-IP. Eg. With NO-IP, create a free account; choose a name for your site; NO-IP appends .ddns.net . They send an email each month to remind you to refresh your account.
Configure DDNS in router. Advanced/Network/Dynamic DNS. Select provider. Enter details and click Login. Router connects to provider and sends current public ip address. As well as when the ip address changes during normal operation.