TPG Community

Get online support

I'm unable to send emails with a photo attachment

asbando
Level 2

I've been unable to send emails with a photo attachment using Outlook mail, gmail or through TPG. Other attachments, such as word, go ok. The photo is only about 600kb

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @asbando ],

Does it shows error message when trying to attach file using Oulook Client? Also please try to use our post office to see if this a possible E-mail Client Issue.

Feel free to post the screen shot of the on this thread for reference.

Regards,

@asbando wrote:

I've been unable to send emails with a photo attachment using Outlook mail, gmail or through TPG. Other attachments, such as word, go ok. The photo is only about 600kb

asbando
Level 2

Hi and thanks for responding. No, no error messages. It just sits in the Outbox folder in Outlook and doesn't get sent. I've just tried again today with the same issue.

david64
Level 15

Hi asbando. Are you able to email the photo to yourself using Post Office (webmail). When you attach the photo file to the email, it is uploaded by the browser to either the webmail server or the SMTP server. Once the file is uploaded, an X appears beside the file name in the email form. Click Send and see if you receive it.

P.S. Have you always had this problem or has it started recently?

asbando
Level 2

Thanks David. I've tried (again) to send the picture via Post Office. The problem seems to be that the photo doesn't upload. Looking through other posts, this seems to have been a problem since May this year.

david64
Level 15

Hi asbando. I had a problem (probably at that time) on my PC using Chrome (IE was ok) where I could not attach a file when creating email using Post Office. But I did get an error message displayed. My email client was ok. I think my PC was part-way through a Chrome upgrade and needed to be rebooted, then it was ok.

It was also a problem on my Android V5 phone using Chrome and Post Office. It was fixed by upgrading Chrome.

You could try with your other browser or look at software upgrade.