I need to login

SOLVED Go to solution
armcove1
Level 2

I am trying to log in and get following message:

SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User atmail already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections. 

Please escalate this to the PostMaster I need my work emails to be accessible while I work from home, this could impact my job!

I tried again, now I am getting SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@BasilDV . It has nothing to do with the user end. Not the browser, not the vpn.

The error message indicates the problem. The Post Office web server is running out of connections to the mail database. 

There needs to be better monitoring of the web server and better management of concurrent sessions.

Or, just increase the number.

Probably a job for the system programmers maintaing the web server and mail database. 

Mail clients are unaffected since they connect to the mail server.

View solution in original post

armcove1
Level 2

Thank you David64,

That sounds correct as when I go back through answers from 1029 to 2022 this problem keeps recurring.

Do you have any ideas how to get through to the maintenance system programmers as it seems they don't answer TPG clients who need help directly.

Customers need to hear back that this is gong to happen.

Very discouraging when their moderator tries to turn it back on the customer when the problem is already identified for them.

Many thanks David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @armcove1 

Are you using a webmail?

What type of webmail are you using? Are you using a VPN?

Have you tried another browser?

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

@BasilDV . It has nothing to do with the user end. Not the browser, not the vpn.

The error message indicates the problem. The Post Office web server is running out of connections to the mail database. 

There needs to be better monitoring of the web server and better management of concurrent sessions.

Or, just increase the number.

Probably a job for the system programmers maintaing the web server and mail database. 

Mail clients are unaffected since they connect to the mail server.

armcove1
Level 2

Thank you David64,

That sounds correct as when I go back through answers from 1029 to 2022 this problem keeps recurring.

Do you have any ideas how to get through to the maintenance system programmers as it seems they don't answer TPG clients who need help directly.

Customers need to hear back that this is gong to happen.

Very discouraging when their moderator tries to turn it back on the customer when the problem is already identified for them.

Many thanks David