TPG Community

Get online support

I've had thie error since january

dsomer
Level 3

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User Xxxxxx@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

I have read everything I can find about this error and have changed my email password several times where the fault goes away but comes back within 24 hours.

I can receive emails ok but to reply or send a new one is a case of pot luck.

I have now reverted to replying via my Gmail but that makes thing a complete pain

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @dsomer

Let's see how we can resolve this. Please send in your TPG email address or username via private message so we can assist.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

dsomer
Level 3

Well frankly I canot even find out how to private message you..as the button to click for that does not appear. (maybe your system is not compliant with Firebird?

Anyway my email is dXXXXXX@tpg.com.au

user name obviously is XXXXXX

I'm in despair now, this is rediculous with respect

Ahra_G

Hi @dsomer, we've initiated the private message. Kindly check your inbox. Thanks! 

dsomer
Level 3

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User xxxxxx@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

As above is the exact message I get when I try to either send a new email or reply to an incoming email....then every once in a while I can send emails ok....then later the error returns

BasilDV

Hi @dsomer

Please avoid posting any information on a public thread as it may compromise your account security.

You may need to change your TPG mail account password first. Also, are you using an email client or the TPG post office?

Are you connected to a VPN or TPG internet service?

BasilDV