TPG Community

Get online support

Inconsistent internet speed. Sometimes it stops completely. Gross pathetic incompetence

Ovi
Level 2
Level 2

Several times a day the speed drops to a pathetic 0.02 Mb and sometimes it even stops completely. It often lasts up to 30 min when this starts to happen. Normally the speed is 5Mb. How can this happen every day for no apparent reason?

WHAT IS THE GUARANTEED MINIMUM SPEED TPG???

I called and tried to have this fixed many times. When the internet stops it completely **s up everything I was doing. How can the staff and management there be so retarded. I've been with this **ty TPG for almost 10 years and the speed often dropps down to nothing. I am so pissed off at this retarded incompetence displayed again and again by incompetent TPG idiots. How come you haven't fixed this problem already???  Are you really that retarded?

Can't you see when somebody does a speed test what result they get? Don't you randomly check of your own initiative to ensure consistency of service? Even your TPG speed test does not work due to latency test error. So many things went wrong because this speed sometimes dropps below a minimum functional speed.

Just GUARANTEE a minimum speed already and for **s sake. How could you not do that. At least 1Mb minimum no matter what!!! Otherwise what people do at the moment can go down the drain.

WAKE UP AND GUARANTEE A MINIMUM **ING SPEED fot the milionth time!

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Ovi,

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to help and see what causes slow connection speed on your service.

I'd like to know on which device(s) slow connection occurred? And if it's possible for you to run a speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable kindly post the test result on this thread.

Also, I'd like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account) and I will run initial tests on your connection.

Cheers!

Ovi
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Thank you but I tried to speedtest many times including ethernet and when it slown down, it is slow everythere. This hapens over wifi mostly and it happens randomly at different times, including when nobody else is home and even when the neibours are not home so it is not a matter of interference. There is no minimum speed I think that's the problem because sometimes it cuts off completely. Outside these periods it works well though. This happened to a windows 8 laptop but during slow periods all wifi devices have low connection speed including phones and other laptops. The ping is the issue. Every time when it's slow and i test the speed the ping is 2k miliseconds and the speed under 0.2 mb.

When internet almost cust off is very annoying because i am a student and when i do my assessment quiz i need stable internet, if it disconnects the test gets submitted without me being able to finish it and then I get a low mark. I'm also a gammer and video watcher and they all need stable internet. There just needs to be a minimum speed like 2mb at the slowest or something.

Shane

Hi @Ovi,

Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

We have an article about on 'How to improve Wi-Fi connection' located here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,