TPG Community

Get online support

Intermittent internet dropouts to now no internet at all.

RobinCoffins
Level 2
As the title says, no internet intermittently for the past week.. where it will work for for 10-15 mins then not. My computer network taskbar icon says it IS connected to the internet but it's not. Numerous modem resets, Google searches and troubleshooting ideas later, I'm really at a loss as to what this could be.
I haven't had any problems so far. I haven't changed anything in almost 3 years. Xbox is still able to use Plex to stream from my PC. NBN says there's no outage in my area.
I did a pathping and tracert when I could connect that I can post when I'm at my PC (around 5pm today). What else can I do and what else could it be?
6 REPLIES 6
Aubrey

Hi @RobinCoffins, we'd like to run further tests to check on what could be causing these drop outs. Also, it would be helpful if you can advise the status of the light indicators on the modem such as the DLS/WAN and Internet. 

Send us a private message with your customer ID or username so we can have a closer look at your connection.

Thanks,

Aubrey

RobinCoffins
Level 2
Thanks for replying Aubrey.
DSL and Internet lights on the modem are solid, on with no flashing.
RobinCoffins
Level 2
Just a little update, since the last reply, my internet has been on and has not turned off. So this is really fantastic so far! I will reply again if the problem has come back. Thanks again.
Aubrey

@RobinCoffins We now have our engineers monitoring your connection. Updates and recommendations will be communicated as soon as available.

Regards,

Aubrey

RobinCoffins
Level 2
Thanks allot Aubrey. It's now cut out again but lasted an hour and 30mins this time, some progress haha
Edit: the DSL light on the modem is on but the internet light is off.
RobinCoffins
Level 2
Just another update, there is no pattern to the disconnections. It's all random. Is definitely a TPG issue, I've been monitoring the modem from my Asus app (modem's brand). I do hope this is fixed soon though, or I'll have no other option but to switch providers I'm sorry but I do need internet asap.