TPG Community

Get online support

Internet 0.5MB download, no outage, no tech support, 3 weeks

inc
Level 2
Level 2

Super Slow Internet

3 weeks back TPG internet became super slow, it was ranging down to 2mb, 1mb, and this morning 0.5mb download. Please assist.

No Tech Support

TPG support has been good before end of last year, but this time.

I've been trying to reach TPG technical support for 3 weeks.

Called 4-5 times, each time waited for a good 30min+, never been able to get through.

There's a call back option for sales, but non for tech support.

No Outage

I have checked the general TPG outage page for status.

I have also checked the NBN address check.

4 REPLIES 4
inc
Level 2
Level 2

Finally managed to get in contact with TPG Support.

Once I manage to talk to them, it was a good experience with them willing to spend the time with me to work though different tests and work out what would be the likely issues. They even arranged a follow up call to see how I'm going, as the issue I have still needs to be monitored.

User experience went from super frustrated to ok and good now. Thanks TPG.

Riezl

Hi @inc,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

Check our Service Status page.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, we recommend having a read of this community article, which may help resolve the issue.

This includes troubleshooting on how the speed you're getting at the moment can be improved.

Slow speed issue

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

inc
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for the response, I did do the NBN check, have already mentioned that in my initial question description, hope it was read as opposed to a general standard response after 2-3 days ...

I have finally managed to get through to tech support on Sat, they patiently went through my issue with me which I found super good. As the problem persisted, yesterday a technican gave me a follow up call, asked me to do some ping tests, to which I did and mailed back the results last night. 

Waiting to hear from them now.

Riezl

Hi @inc, we are working on sending a TPG technician to fix the issue and further updates will be provided via SMS or phone call.