TPG Community

Get online support

Internet Continually Dropping Out.

IanSamson
Level 2

Good Morning,

Have been having this issue for a few months now.

Issue is happening on both ethernet and wifi connections at the same time and will drop out aprrox 8 - 10 times a day. Drop outs happening on all computers, mobile phones and entertainment devices.

I have followed all TPG recommendations for fault finding. Checked line status on both NBN and TPG websites, reset NBN NTD, reset TPG Modem (Archer VR1600v). I have tried changing coax cable from wallplate to NTD, changing ethernet cable from NTD to VR1600v. Even different ethernet cables to devices attached but the same issue persists.

I have noticed when internet goes down that sometimes the internet light goes off on the TPG modem and sometimes it stays on. If the internet light stays on then the only way to get it back is to power cycle the TPG modem.

I have had a look at the modem log and there seems to be a lot of activity with the voip side of things saying it cannot find an account to link to and now our phone number is not registered in the modem either.

Subsequently, now I am having issues streaming Foxtel and Netflix as they stop everytime there is a internet issue. These are both connected via ethernet.

Please help, thanks in advance. Any suggestions much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @IanSamson.

We'd like to look into it further and run some tests to help us identify if there's a fault within the NBN network.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV