Internet Drops

tamal026
Level 2

I have got NBN Super fast plan.

For last 2 weeks, I have been noticing, whenever it rains, My internet drops off?

I am very much frustrated with this system.

8 REPLIES 8
Rica_R

Hi @tamal026,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We're sorry to hear about the drop outs issues you have encounted. I had a look on your account and have noticed the drop outs. I want to invetigate this further, I can look at arranging for a member of our Techanical  Team to contact you, however given the current time I expect that this will take place tomorrow. What would be the best time for us to get in touch?

Erika

Hi @tamal026

I've now arranged a call today from one of our technicians between 1:00pm - 2:00pm. We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue. If this time is not suitable, please let us know and we'll have this rearrange for you. 

Regards, 

IamJaneS
Level 4

@tamal026 wrote:

I have got NBN Super fast plan.

For last 2 weeks, I have been noticing, whenever it rains, My internet drops off?

I am very much frustrated with this system.

Mine has been doing that since I was forced to change to NBN. I thought I was the only one!!! As soon as the rain starts, I plug my phone into my laptop to use as a hotspot because I know my internet will be gone for hours. I'm just glad I live somewhere where it doesn't rain that much!

I'd love to know if you find a fix after they have done all the tests with you today.

Rickoscales
Level 2

I get the same thing! A little rain or a gust of wind and my internet drops.. It's a good sign coming into winter! I wish i chose a different provider! Luckily i didnt lock into a contract

Rickoscales
Level 2

and same i switch to my telstra mobile for a hopspot! Pretty poor when a mobile service is more relaible

BasilDV

Hi @Rickoscales,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have reviewed the account.

We understand that there was a previous case which was escalated to our Engineering team. There's a fault within the NBN network and it was resolved by the NBN's field technician by replacing the hardware.

If you are still experiencing any issues within the TPG service, you may report it to us or directly to our Tech team for further investigation. Escalating internally may also result in a much quicker resolution timeframe.

Transferring to a different provider will not resolve the issue as they will be using the same NBN infrastructure to provide you the service. In which will prolong the resolution of the case/fault.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Rickoscales
Level 2

A little rain and auto disconnect again

Shane

Hi @Rickoscales,

We'd like to confirm if you're having difficulty with your connection, we ran an initial test to your service it shows connected for 3h 1m. If so, what device(s) is affected with the dropouts?

Cheers!