Internet Outage

maxilla
Level 2

I was logged on using the internet and all of a sudden it stopped. I have a TP LINK TD-W9970 Version 2 modem. Looking from left to right, I have the Power "ON" light, the "DSL" light, NO "internet" light, the "WIFI" light is on, followed by four more which are all NOT "ON" (and never are) and to the very right, the "LAN" light IS on. (I do not recall seeing this final one "ON" before?). 

I have tried turning the modem off for 30 seconds and turning it on but that has achieved nothing. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not particularly technical with computers but willing to give things a try! I googled the user manual but cannot figure out what my issue is. Thankyou.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @maxilla ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have seen that you are on our ADSL2+ off-net service. This service will work on top of your active home phone service with Telstra or other provider. Are you able to check the home phone if there's a dial tone? If there's an issue with your home phone, the internet service with us will be affected.

If there's no dial tone or an evident audible noise, then you need to raise this case with your home phone provider to further investigate the line. But if the home phone is working properly, please let us know and will arrange a call from our Tech team to check this further.

Regards,

BasilDV

maxilla
Level 2

Hello and thanks for the response. There is no issue with the home phone land line.

I'm on a small farm so in and out all day, I'll call TPG now and try get some help.

Thankyou.

BasilDV

This is noted, @maxilla.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!

BasilDV