TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL connection still active even after cancellation

abu319tp
Level 2

Hi, 

i had cancelled my ADSL account by sending multiple requests to adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au. i recieved an email too that my account will be cancelled on 9/5/2019. But, after checking my bank transaction, TPG have not stopped debitting the amount every month. After logging into my TPG account, it mentions my account expiry date is 8 May 2019. Why am i being charged in spite of my account being cancelled?

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @abu319tp 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and can confirm that the account is inactive.

We've checked the statements and the last time that we debit your account was on the 7th of April 2019 for the billing cycle of 2019-04-11 to 2019-05-08.

Are you able to send a PM with your bank transaction as we can't see any attempt on our end?

How to send a PM? Click here.

Regards,

BasilDV

abu319tp
Level 2

HI Basil,

i have PM the transaction details, please let me know if you have not got it.

It's strange that if my account is cancelled, then why is the amount being debited.

BasilDV

Hi @abu319tp 

Did you send it directly to me? I've checked my Inbox and was not able to receive any new message.

Are you able to check if it was sent? Or resend it.

Regards,

BasilDV

abu319tp
Level 2

Please check now ..

BasilDV

Hi @abu319tp 

Upon checking the account, the debit came from a different TPG account under your name.

We've seen that there's a change of ownership request that was processed under your name and using your own email address.

It was requested along the request to cancel the main account, which was last April 2019.

The said account is Active which is why you are being charged for the monthly fee.

Do you remember that request?

Regards,

BasilDV