TPG Community

Get online support

Internet and modem

jennim28
Level 2
Hi. I’ve changed providers as I’ve continually had drop outs and inconsistent internet service with TPG over the past 18 months. Yesterday my service was cancelled without warning, I thought it was another drop out. Today TPG said they cancelled my service because I’m with another provider. I have no access to the internet currently until the new provider’s modem arrives so I cannot connect to the new NBN service, though it is ready to go. TPG don’t want their modem back, I offered to send it, and they have locked it so I can’t use it. Is this fair or reasonable practice? I think neither. Are TPG allowed to lock modems? I paid extra to have a no lock-in contract and cannot find anywhere in the numerous emails and pages of information that is sent on join up that I was supposed to give 30 days notice before changing providers?
1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @jennim28 , we'd like to take a look at your account to better understand what happened and help with the resolution. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community