TPG Community

Get online support

Internet connection dropped out after switched to higher tier plan.

SOLVED Go to solution
efunovasky
Level 2
Hi wish you guys can give me a hand on the following, thanks in advance!
Recently just upgraded to nbn50. Internet connection dropped out everytime while doing speed test or downloading. Had tried turned modern on off and reboot modem thru 196.xxxx still won't fixed the issue.
Wish to hear from you guys thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
efunovasky
Level 2
it turned out to be problem with the tower/station, which our port is faulty. technician find another port for us and so far things back to normal. hopefully no more issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @efunovasky,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know to know that you're having issues with the service, we're able to locate the account using your community details and ran an initial test, the result shows a significant amount of dropouts from the modem/router's connection to our network.

We'll arrange one of our Technicians to contact you tomorrow between 10-12NN WA time using the contact number that we have on file, in the event that you have a different preferred contact time and contact number feel free to send me a private message.

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@efunovasky wrote:
Hi wish you guys can give me a hand on the following, thanks in advance!
Recently just upgraded to nbn50. Internet connection dropped out everytime while doing speed test or downloading. Had tried turned modern on off and reboot modem thru 196.xxxx still won't fixed the issue.
Wish to hear from you guys thanks!

efunovasky
Level 2
We thought problem solved but found out no good at all. Pretty sure there is something to do with downloading. Tried multiple times and confirm whenever download from, ie YouTube, internet dead instantly. We guess it is tpg end tried to limit the download speed but for some reason it cut our connection completely.
Shane

We apologise if the issue still persist, one of my colleague has escalated the issue to our Engineering team for further assessment and investigation, expect one of our Engineers to contact you via SMS or Phone call when update becomes available. Let us know should you require further assistance. 

efunovasky
Level 2
it turned out to be problem with the tower/station, which our port is faulty. technician find another port for us and so far things back to normal. hopefully no more issue.
Riezl

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Feel free to message us should you need any assistance.Cheers!