TPG Community

Get online support

Internet constantly dropping out

chimaira56
Level 3

Recently had a telstra technician come out and gt my adls2+ up and running. Since its been working it constantly drops and then reconnects after about a minute or two. This has been happening on a daily basis and would like it fixed as it is only new and havent been able to have a stable connection.

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @chimaira56,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have run some remote test. We weren't able to detect any fault on copper line, but can detect some signal interference that may cause the dropouts.

We've made some adjustments which should help lessen the signal interference.

We'd like to also know if you are using a splitter/filter to connect your home phone and modem on the same port. If you do, are you able to disconnect it and connect your modem directly to the wall to observe if the internet will drop again? This isolation can help us narrow down the issues that may cause this.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

chimaira56
Level 3

It is directly connected to the wall. SO hopefully the signal interference issue fixes it.

BasilDV

Hi @chimaira56,

I've monitored your service and seen that it is still dropping.

I will arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further.

Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @chimaira56,

I've seen that you were able to speak with our Tech team and since you are not at home to perform some troubleshooting, they've scheduled a callback around 6PM tonight. They'll be the one who's going to handle this case now.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV