TPG Community

Get online support

Internet down in Glebe NSW

Philip903
Level 2
Hi team
Is there an outage in Glebe 2037? Haven’t had a connection since 5pm.

I have turned my modem on and off and unplugged and plugged in the phone line. Tried reboot. Tried to reconnect to DSL from modem GUI.

Just over 2.5 hours without internet.

ASUS modem says that the network cable is disconnected but I have triple checked and tried a different cable from wall to modem.

Any ideas or news?

Cheers
Phil
3 REPLIES 3
Philip903
Level 2
Hi team

Still down so more than 12 hours without internet. I’ve tried turning off the modem for 30 minutes and back on again after checking the cables yet again that they are plugged in correctly.

I tried to call tech support at 7pm last night but after more than 10 minutes on hold I gave up.

Not looking good as I work from home and this is making it a little harder and smashing my 4g data on my mobile.

Any response would be nice or a phone call.

Cheers
Philip
Philip903
Level 2
Just did another shut down and turn on again, it’s now working. I suspect there was an issue with the session being released when there was an outage.
Ahra_G

Thanks for reaching out, @Philip903

I can see now that your connection is definitely up and running already. Though based on the remote test, there were drop outs yesterday. The remote test also showed no evident line fault so we really can't tell yet what caused the connection to drop. 

I would recommend to monitor the connection for now. Should the connection drops again, please do let us know right away here or contact our Support hotline at 13 14 23 option 2 so we can run real-time test. 

Regards,

Ahra_G