Internet dropouts

dphabs
Level 2
About a month ago, I got my nbn installed and haven't had any problems at all until now. A few days ago, the internet has been dropping out randomly throughout the day. Also recently discovered that during the time of the drop outs, the home phone also cuts out and the phone light on the wifi modem turns off.

Is there a connection problem? Or maybe a problem with the phone line?
11 REPLIES 11
Will

Hi @dphabs 

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, I was able to check your connection history and run some tests. We're detecting a possible NBN fault that requires assistance from NBNCo. I have escalated this issue to our Engineering Team to assist with the case. Expect updates to be provided to you within 24 hours via SMS or phone call. Should you have other concerns, please let me know.

Regards,

Will

Hi @dphabs,

I can see that an NBN technician has been booked to address the issue and that you have already agreed to the appointment as well.

Further updates including the outcome of the tech visit will be discussed by our Engineering Team. Just leave a comment if you need further assistance.

Regards,

dphabs
Level 2
So over the weekend the nbn connection has started to drop out again.
BasilDV

Thanks for the update @dphabs.

We understand that our Engineers are monitoring your connection.

We'll chase this with them and have your assigned Engineer to contact you today to discuss a possible TPG technician visit.

They'll be in touch between 10AM - 12PM today.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @dphabs,

We understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and a TPG technician is booked to visit your premises to help us with the investigation.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

dphabs
Level 2
Is there an update on the situation since the tpg technician came in yesterday?
Riezl

Hi @dphabs, we'll make a follow up with our Engineering Team and we'll have the case engineer contact you as soon as a new update becomes available.

Shane

Hi @dphabs

Based on the latest log on file our Engineering Team is still awaiting an update from NBN Co. You will be contacted by one of our Engineers when update is available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

dphabs
Level 2
Okay so there have been no problems since the nbn technician came and fixed the drop out problem. But around 5pm today, an issue arose and there is no LAN or DSL light, the power light is solid blue but the connection light flashes red and makes a clicking noise.