TPG Community

Get online support

Internet dropping out

Lesleyduncs1
Level 3
Seem to have had an increase in drop outs this post week on an already infuriating connection. What is happening in my area #countingdownthedaysuntilcontractisover
5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

We're sorry to know that you're having issues with the service and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you, @Lesleyduncs1.

We have checked the status of your connection and we can't see any indication that it is dropping out. We'd like to investigate further to identify what is causing the issue and help with the resolution.

Are you able to check what light on the modem normally goes off whenever the connection drops?

Lesleyduncs1
Level 3
The DSL and Internet lights go off, we have always experienced some drop outs but this last week has been worse. I honestly wish I'd taken the offer to cancel contract when you realised I wouldn't be getting what I was paying for.
BasilDV

We're sorry if you feel that way @Lesleyduncs1.

We'll arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further. Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

TC
Level 2
Level 2

We are experiencing the same issue.  Constant dropout.  The dsl light goes out, flash and then come back.  This would happen at least 10 times a day.  These issue started after they finish the roll out of the NBN cable along my street 2-3 months ago.  Before the NBN rollout,  we can go without dropout for weeks. Of course the NBN service will not be available until a few months from now.  

BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @TC

We recommend our customers to check if their service is affected by a planned or unplanned outage in the area once there's an issue with their service. We post the update on our Service status page (TPG ADSL2+ and TPG NBN). For NBN service, they may also check directly the NBN network outage page for further information.

We've created an online guide on how to troubleshoot any internet issues for the ADSL service, which can be viewed here.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault within the copper network. The modem also shows a stable connection for almost 2 days now and getting a good sync speed rate.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV