TPG Community

Get online support

Internet is slow and phone line keeps dropping out

v_tram
Level 2

Hi there,

I am trying to troubleshoot my parents NBN connection remotely (from the UK) as they have experiencing very slow internet speeds and have not been able to contact anyone via your support phone line.

They are elderly and not able to resolve these issues themselves as they have little technical knowledge, they have attempted to use the online chat but could not keep up with the support person and English is not their first language.

They have shared some screenshots of their NBN speeds and have had these average speeds for the last 6 weeks, they were able to run a speed test and reached speeds of < 3MBps tonight. They are on the basic package and basic speeds should be around 10.9 Mbps. On top of these slow speeds, it seems that only one person can access the internet on one device at a time. Is this normal for the NBN?

They are also paying extra to use their landline, but when trying to answer incoming calls, the line drops out almost every call. Is this normal for the NBN?

Could someone please have a look into this? It is a bit disappointing to hear they are paying $59.99 a month for a service they can barely use and have not been able to get a hold of anyone from your support team to fix this for weeks.

2 REPLIES 2
Ken-C

Hi there             

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you Smiley Happy

kind regards

v_tram
Level 2
Hi Ken-C,

Thanks for your reply, I have dmed you the customer id.

Cheers,
Vivian