TPG Community

Get online support

Internet keeps constantly dropping out over the last week, especially this weekend in Kariong.

Robin2
Level 2

Internet keeps constantly dropping out over the last week, especially this weekend in Kariong. NO NBN outages going by there site.

There has been no changes to my house setup. Last week it dropped out a few times and this weekend it is constantly dropping off. Very annoying and not what I paid for. Apart from very poor speed in Kariong and having to pay for a higher bundle to at elast get something worthwhile. Still only 69% of speed compared to the expected on the plan. Never has been good. Old copper wires are crap and no work to improve them. Everytime there is an electrical storm it stops the internet signal. This weekedn no rain and no electrial disturbance but dropped off 11 times yesterday (Sat 23rd July) that I am aware of. Has dropped off today already 4 times and its only 11am. Not very good and very poor service. Having troubly even finding a service complaint area other than several different phone number that I would have to wait in a cue probably for 1hr the same as any other assistance phone centre. Robin

2 REPLIES 2
Ahra_G

Hi @Robin2

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

Send in your Customer ID or account number via private message so we can do remote tests on your line.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Robin2
Level 2

Still constantly dropping out several time last night and also happened at 08:05 this morning when I noticed it. It is the Option 1. which is the issue. It is really annoying that it lucky if it lasts 1 hr before another droppout. Gettgin rather grumpy now. How is a person supposed to work from home with this intermittent service that was supposed to be a whole new future. Who was it that chose to use the old copper wires insteaad of fibre to the house???