TPG Community

Get online support

Internet keeps dropping out

rmz182
Level 2

Internet keeps dropping out.

All lights on modem work fine except for Internet one.  Often is no light, then turns red, then no light, then green light returns and internet returns.  This is consistently happening.

I have already tried all the help tips on this page and no improvement - https://www.tpg.com.au/support/problems_connect_internet.php

When it is connected seems slow and lagging.  I tried running a speed test  and get an error message saying "

COULD NOT CONNECT

Couldn’t connect to the server. Please try again."

Not sure what the issues is and how to fix it??!!???

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @rmz182

Welcome to the Community! 

We apologise for the trouble the connection issue is causing you. I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and based on the test results of the line tests conducted, there are faults on the line that needs to be checked. 

I have raised the issue now to our Engineering team for further investigation. They should be in touch within the next 24hrs to provide updates. Please ensure to keep the modem connected and turned on at all times.

Should you have further queries, feel free to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G 

rmz182
Level 2
Ok. Thanks for the update.

I have now noticed the broadband and internet lights on the modem are no longer flashing green anymore. And I have no internet at all. Before it worked intermittently but now not at all so the issue seems worse than before. Just wanted to update TPG so they have a full understanding when they come out.
Riezl

Thanks @rmz182. The issue has been lodged to Telstra who has committed to send a technician anytime between now and 01/Jan/2020.

Our Engineering Team is closely monitoring this and the case engineer will contact you for any additional update.