TPG Community

Get online support

Internet keeps dropping out

SOLVED Go to solution
vadimz
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Out TPG internet service has been great for couple of years now. But for the last 2-3 weeks the internet is constantly droppping out. Sometimes it restores in minutes by itself and sometimes I have to reboot the modem. This ivery annoying as we have 3 peaople working from home full time. Please help...

I've tried to DM my details to you but the option wasn't available.

vadimz
Level 2

I've sent you a DM now.

BasilDV

Hi @vadimz

Thanks for raising this with us.

Are you still using the modem/router that we provided? 

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV

vadimz
Level 2

Hi BasilDV, I've just DM'd you.

plsfix
Level 2

Hi have you been able to fix this issue? I have had the exact same problem for the past 2-3 weeks...

BasilDV

Hi @plsfix

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to check on what's causing your connection dropouts.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number for us to run some test.

BasilDV

Ericj
Level 2
Hi TPG team

This is exactly issue I have recently. The internet keeps dropping out while we are working from home. We were constantly interrupted during meetings. On the modern, the internet light is fleshing. Sometimes, it restored itself after a few minutes, sometimes it took longer.
Can someone look at this issue?
Eric
BasilDV

Hi @Ericj

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation.

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection? If via WiFI, are you connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

You may also check these articles that will help you improve your home WiFi network.

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV

Ericj
Level 2
Hi @BasiDV
Thanks for the reply. I do use Wifi connection. However, when the internet dropped out, the internet light on the modem was fleshing. I believe that means no internet at that point of time.
Eric
BasilDV

Hi @Ericj

What is the make and model of your modem/router?

There are different meaning in flashing internet light depending on the make and model of the modem/router.

Also, flick me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check on this further.

BasilDV