TPG Community

Get online support

Internet light is off

Winpooh811
Level 3
I just had my NBN installed yesterday and the NBN box has all four solid lights but the internet light is off on my modem. I have checked the cables everything is plugged in. Does anyone know what might have gone wrong? I tried to configure my modem n save with my TPG user name and password but it still doesn't connect. I rang TPG support they tried to troubleshoot for me but it is still down. I have logged a ticket already and it's been 24 hours now I just need a solution asap as I need my internet on Monday for work. Please help. Thanks heaps.
8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @Winpooh811 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that the case has been escalated to our Engineering team.

They've raised the case with the NBN Co for further investigation if there's a need of a technician to fix the issue.

There's no estimated time for restoration (ETR) as of the moment, but your assigned Engineer is monitoring the case and will be in touch via phone call or SMS once an update is available.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

Winpooh811
Level 3

Hi BasilDV,

Thanks for your reply.  I hope the wait does not take long because I haven't had internet connect for 3 days now and am getting a bit frustrated!  I need my internet connection back asap because I can't do any work from home without it.  I've been a TPG customer for long and am a bit disappointed with this.  

Riezl

We understand the need of a working service and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you, @Winpooh811.

We have made a follow up with our Engineering Team and a case engineer will contact you as soon as a new feedback is received from NBN Co.

We'll also continue to monitor this and will keep you posted for updates where possible.

Winpooh811
Level 3

I've waited for another 24 hours still no update from anyone. I rang TPG this morning and was told there was a job "reserved" for a technican/engineer to come at 8-12pm but a job is not "Booked".  What does that mean??   Should I stay home or not for this??  I got work to do and I can't be sitting here to wait for nothing.  Can you please look into this issue ASAP i have no internet for 4 days now it's getting very frustrated. Please help!

Riezl

Apologies, @Winpooh811. We can see that our Engineering Team has reserved a technician appointment for today, Wednesday, 07 August 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM, but they have not received a confirmation from NBN Co. yet.

Another follow up has been made and we have advised the case engineer to contact you to further discuss the matter.

If there's a need to reschedule the appointment, you will be advised via SMS or a phone call.

Riezl

Hi @Winpooh811, we have checked the status of your connection and it appears to be up and running for more than an hour now. Our Engineering Team is still monitoring this and you may receive a call from the case engineer to confirm the service.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

Winpooh811
Level 3
Thank you very much. Yes I have checked and it is now connecting to the internet with the green light on.
Riezl

Great! Should there be any issues, feel free to message us. Cheers!