TPG Community

Get online support

Internet not available Huawei HG659

ravb
Level 2
I have NBN at home and have setup the huawei router as 2nd router, have done the following changes -
1. Changed ip address of main router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.6
2. Changed ip address of 2nd router Huawei from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3.
3. Disabled dhcp on 2nd router.
4. Changed IP address of main router to 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.199.
5. Changed SSID on 2nd router.

Post performing above changes, the 2nd router gave Internet not available, tried few troubleshooting as per some videos but nothing worked. Did factory reset of Huawei router and made the above changes again but still the same issue.

The Huawei router Lan1 is connected to the lan port of main router.
I tried connecting using Connect to another modem via bridge mode but keep getting the same for any changes -
Cable error[8180]. Please make sure the cable is connected to the gateway properly. If the cable connection is secure, click "Try Again". You can also click Try WLAN to set up a WLAN connection.

Please help.
9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @ravb ,

Thanks for raising this to us, here is a threads that you may find helpful.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

@ravb wrote:
I have NBN at home and have setup the huawei router as 2nd router, have done the following changes -
1. Changed ip address of main router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.6
2. Changed ip address of 2nd router Huawei from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3.
3. Disabled dhcp on 2nd router.
4. Changed IP address of main router to 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.199.
5. Changed SSID on 2nd router.

Post performing above changes, the 2nd router gave Internet not available, tried few troubleshooting as per some videos but nothing worked. Did factory reset of Huawei router and made the above changes again but still the same issue.

The Huawei router Lan1 is connected to the lan port of main router.
I tried connecting using Connect to another modem via bridge mode but keep getting the same for any changes -
Cable error[8180]. Please make sure the cable is connected to the gateway properly. If the cable connection is secure, click "Try Again". You can also click Try WLAN to set up a WLAN connection.

Please help.

ravb
Level 2
Hi Shane,

Thanks for the quick reply, the main router that i have is TP-Link Archer C1200, so would the link provided work in this case.

I have setup total 3 routers at home, the 3rd router being the TP-Link TD-W8968, which is working without any issues.
Shane

Hi @ravb,

Yes, you have to enable the DHCP of the router you wish to connect to the main modem. I suggest to do this to other router extensions.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the quick reply, the main router that i have is TP-Link Archer C1200, so would the link provided work in this case.

I have setup total 3 routers at home, the 3rd router being the TP-Link TD-W8968, which is working without any issues.
ravb
Level 2
Hi Shane,

I couldnt find the DHCP mode option on the hg659 router, even the internet settings on the router dont have edit option. Would it be be bcoz of factory reset been done on the router, is a firmware upgrade needed -

Product type:
HG659
Device ID:
00E0FC-J3N8W16805003141
Hardware version:
VER.B
Software version:
V100R001C216B011

Thanks
BasilDV

Hi @ravb

Is the HG659 modem/router was provided by TPG? If yes, in order for us to update the firmware, it needs to be online.

In default, the HG659 mode is modem/router (VDSL), did you change it to router only mode?

Have you checked the 'LAN Interface' option for the DHCP of the HG659?

BasilDV

ravb
Level 2
Hi BasilDV,
Yes the router was provided by TPG when i had fttb connection, now i have nbn.
I havent made any changes to the mode as i dont have knowledge about it not could i find it.

I have attached the screenshot of the settings.

Thanks
BasilDV

Hi @ravb

Under the 'Internet settings' is there anything that you can click in order to change the access type of it?

As you've advised before, the factory default was already performed, right?

BasilDV

ravb
Level 2
Hi BasilDV,

When clicked it doesnt give any edit option, Yes i have performed factory reset multiple times.
Thanks
BasilDV

Hi @ravb

It is strange as it should provide you that option.

We can't update the firmware as it should be the one connected and online for us apply it.

You might need to get a new device if you really need to extend your home network.

BasilDV