TPG Community

Get online support

Internet not working since late night

SOLVED Go to solution
Frank
Level 2

Hi all,

My internet connection was lost around 1 am and it still hasn't been back. Just wondering if there was a planned maintanence or outage that temporarily disrupted the service?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @Frank 

Thanks for raising this with us!

There was a maintenance done by NBNCo that started midnight and should have ended by 6AM AEST today. There's a possibility that the maintenance work could have disconnected the line completely, but since there's no outage report from NBNCo, we need to check this further.

Our initial tests so far indicate a possible line cut. However, it can also be interpreted that the modem is simply turned off or not connected at this point. Can you confirm the status of the modem lights so we'll know if we can have this issue raised to NBNCo directly at this stage or if additional tests over the phone is required.

Regards,

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Will

Hi @Frank 

Thanks for raising this with us!

There was a maintenance done by NBNCo that started midnight and should have ended by 6AM AEST today. There's a possibility that the maintenance work could have disconnected the line completely, but since there's no outage report from NBNCo, we need to check this further.

Our initial tests so far indicate a possible line cut. However, it can also be interpreted that the modem is simply turned off or not connected at this point. Can you confirm the status of the modem lights so we'll know if we can have this issue raised to NBNCo directly at this stage or if additional tests over the phone is required.

Regards,

Frank
Level 2

Hi Will,

Thanks for the reply. Just figured out why the internet connection hasn't been back. The disconnection was indeed casued by NBN maintanence. But my roommate, trying to reconnect, plugged the modem into a different wall socket during that time. Now have I replugged the modem and the internet is back. Thank you for reminding me to check the modem.

Will

Glad to hear that it's now working, @Frank 

Don't hesitate to visit us again if you need our assistance. Cheers!

Brenda22
Level 2

Don't hesitate to visit us again if you need our assistance. auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver

merox2019
Level 2
My internet is not working since last night
Shane

Hi @merox2019,

We ran an initial test to the service it shows no line fault but there is a minimal dropouts last night. The service has been connected for 11m. Please monitor the connection for the next 24hrs and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Will

Hi @merox2019,

Our tests show that your modem has been connected for 2days. If you still need technical assistance, do let us know.

Regards,

Will

DanielMcKnight
Level 2

Internet not working since late night

autoclicker

JamesWitte
Level 2

Try to disable and enable lan 

Autoclicker