TPG Community

Get online support

Internet not working

tessamossop
Level 2
Hi, our Internet is not working. The internet light is on but the network does not show up on devices?
Please help
8 REPLIES 8
david64
Level 15

Do you have a computer connected by cable to wifi router? Is internet working on it?

Are the Wifi or 2.4G/5G lights on?

Is there a button on the router to enable wifi? On the back or top edge?

What model router is it? Wifi might not be enabled in the configuration.

culbert31
Level 2
I have the same problem. I have had no internet for 2 weeks now. Impossible to get any response from TPG. Very frustrating. You cannot contact them. Do I have to wait until the end of the pandemic to get help from TPG?
Chrisbly2015
Level 2
I believe it’s a bandwidth issue during perk times. Internet connection starts working after 8pm. This only started happening recently. TPG support chat is not available.
Chrisbly2015
Level 2
This is the error message: dns_probe_finished_no_internet. I am connected directly to the modem. All lights are green.
blackhat88
Level 4

Search around google. Like this one: https://whatsabyte.com/windows/dns_probe_finished_no_internet/

Change your default DNS server to a third party one. Such as Google's 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 or OpenDNS's 1.1.1.1, 1,0,0,1. Let us know if it is still an issue.

Chrisbly2015
Level 2
I am getting the same issue with Safari. There no internet connection
Chrisbly2015
Level 2
Not a DNS issue. Chrome and safari work after 8 or 9pm. Was streaming on netfix last night.
blackhat88
Level 4

If you have an iOS, can you download the My TPG app? Login to the app, go to Support -> Connection Status, and Test Your Connection when it drops. Pretty sure you can lodge a fault in there too but not too sure when you will get a response.

Post a reply and let me know if connection is fine but still drops out. Hopefully "Mod" can watch out for this thread. Worst case is you have to change the ISP. Smiley Happy