TPG Community

Get online support

Internet speed slow and frequent drop oug

Shankarr
Level 3
My hfc was connected on 12 Dec. I have noticed frequent dropout every 30 minutes.
Also the download speed goes as low as 0.6 most of the time.
Please check and retify the fault
Raj
6 REPLIES 6
Will

Hi @Shankarr 

Thanks for raising this with us. It appears that an outage was reported by NBNCo today. It was raised at 12:39AM AEDT and was tagged as resolved by 1:50PM AEDT. The service disruptions were caused by a local power outage.

That being said, I'd like to clarify if the dropouts you've been experiencing happened only or have you been having this issue from previous days as well? Although, I don't see dropouts that happen every 30minutes in your usage history. In addition, our tests show that your modem is able to register a transfer rate of 11.42Mbps. It is possible though that the issue you're having can be WIFI-related only (if you only use WIFI connection).

If you're still having technical difficulties after the outage has been tagged as resolved, can you answer the following questions so we can better understand the issue:

1. How many devices are connected to the modem?
  2. Are you having issues on all devices at the same time or is it isolated to a specific device only?
  3. Are all devices connected via WIFI? Can you test a computer hardwired to the modem for comparison?
  4. If all devices are connected WIFI only, which network name are you connected to? Your modem broadcasts 2 network names. Both have similar names except for the -5G in the end for one of the networks (for 5GHz) . Please try to switch from one network to the other and then test your connection.

Regards,

Will

Will

Hi @Shankarr

Our test today shows that your modem has been up for more than a day without any interruption. Let us know if you're still having technical difficulties.

Shankarr
Level 3
It still shutting down every half an hour for couple of seconds today. I also did the load test it goes upto 0.5 mp. Can you check and see what is happening
Will

Hi @Shankarr

As mentioned in the previous comment, the connection of the modem to the server is stable. It appears that the issue is the communication between your devices and the modem. It would help us a lot with the assessment if you can provide the answers to the questions we've raised in our earlier comment.

We'll wait for your response.

Shankarr
Level 3
I have 3 mobile 2 on 2.4g and 1 on 5g and 1 tablet on 2.4g and 1 laptop.
Tablet and laptop are only used once or twice a day, other times switched off.

I also have 2 other devices connected to lan port on the modem. Desktop and TV bo x.
Will

Thanks for your response, @Shankarr.

Are you also having issues with the desktop that's hardwired to the modem (dropouts or speed issue)? We're trying to gauge if the issue is isolated to WIFI connection only. Can you also confirm if you're having trouble with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WIFI networks or is it just on one of the bands?