TPG Community

Get online support

Internet speeds very slow and upload speed non existent

dproesmans
Level 2
Hi my internet speeds have gone down to barely 1mb/s and uploads are 0. Most of the times I get an error message in TPG sort check website. Have connected through L'AN with same outcome, changed the filter, no success either. Restarted the modem no improvement either. Can you please help.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @dproesmans,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help. I would like to know on which device(s) you experience this slow connection?

If you can post a screen shot of the speed test result that would be helpful for additional reference.

Cheers!

dproesmans
Level 2
Hi, thanks for getting back. I thought I'd attached it earlier, sorry not at the laptop at this moment, but the speed came up as 3Mb download and 0 upload. Got an error message as well at the end of the speed test did to 0Mb upload. I tested the speed on iPhone Android, Mac and windows pc.
Shane

Hi @dproesmans,

Thanks for the details. I would like to run an initial test on your connection.

Kindly, PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account)

I'll have this checked.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @dproesmans,

Thanks for sending me your details. I tested your connection and it seems that your modem/router is not connected to our network.

I would like to confirm if the modem/router is currently turn on at the moment.

Regards,

dproesmans
Level 2
Yes it is, I'm remotely connecting to our network as we speak so it definitely is.
Thanks
Shane

Thanks, @dproesmans.

I would like to arrange a call from one of our  Technicians for further test and investigation.

Please PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

Cheers!

dproesmans
Level 2

Thanks Shane, juste PM'd you

Shane

Hi @dproesmans,

I arranged one of our Technicians to call you later today using your given contact number and preferred time. Let me know how it will go.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

Shane

Hi @dproesmans,

I can see that you have been in touch with one of our Technicians and the connection issue has been raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Assessment may take 24-48hrs and you will be notified via SMS or Phone by our Engineering Team.

Please let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!