TPG Community

Get online support

Internet traffic routing through wrong state

pb9
Level 2
Level 2

Hi.

I live near Melbourne and recieve internet service from TPG, however all of my traffic appears to go through Adelaide.

I noticed this a while ago but thought that it was just a geolocation error and didn't look into it, but now that I have looked into it, I realise that it does indeed affect latency, and all online games have an extra 10-40ms because of this detour.

I hoped that it would fix itself eventually, but apparently that is never going to happen. What do I need to do?

3 REPLIES 3
pb9
Level 2
Level 2

It has been almost a year and this still hasn't been resolved. I can't be the only one with this problem :/

Shane

Hi @pb9,

We have multiple cases received getting an Incorrect Geolocation based on service IP address. Shoot me a private message with your account deatils (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) and we will enlist the service to the ongoing investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

It has been almost a year and this still hasn't been resolved. I can't be the only one with this problem :/

pb9
Level 2
Level 2

This issue still has not been resolved, despite multiple people claiming to "look into it".

When I run a speed test, my ping to Adeliade is 12 and my ping to Melbourne is 22. Despite living near Melbourne.