Invalid certificate

aboyling
Level 2
I had some problems with outlook on Android. So I deleted. I can't restablish the account as it says the certificate has expired. Following that the server times out
5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @aboyling . Is this still a problem?

Is there any further info displayed regarding the certificate details.

Do you normally use Outlook with security enabled or did it reinstall with security enabled by default?

aboyling
Level 2
Doesn't really say much more. Can't get account working so therefore can't open up to get to settings. I can set security during account set up.
david64
Level 15

@aboyling . Setting security is where you set up the email connection. The incoming and outgoing server should be mail.tpg.com.au.  Try Security=None to check Outlook is working.  Then put security back on. Installing Outlook might have loaded an old certificate.

aboyling
Level 2
On outlook android. I it still com s up with invalid certificate. mail.tpg.com.au is used correct port number. Nowhere to adjust security. Tried to put in security=none. I can use Gmail but. It doesn't keep all of the emails an won't automatically refresh despite adjust ing every setting
david64
Level 15

@aboyling . This link has a post with links to versions of Outlook and Android mail client (near the end by Shane).

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/TPG-does-NOT-work-with-Outlook/m-p/1538

The security setting I mentioned is in the section where you put mail servers, port numbers, userid, etc. If you are able to save security=none setting, then I don't know where the certificate is needed.