TPG Community

Get online support

Issues with TP-Link Archer VR1600v

kmh002
Level 3

I have been having issues with my NBN connection, everyday my connection is lost & I have to reboot the  TP-Link Archer VR1600v modem / router to get my connection & home phone working again.

I have done a hard reset of the NBN box & the TPG Archer VR1600v but the issue still persists.

Does anyone know what can be done to rectify this fault?

kmh002

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @kmh002,

I was able to locate your account using your community details and ran initial tests to your connection. Result shows your service is currently connected for 15h 42m and getting a passing speed on the line.

I'd like to confirm if you experience dropouts on the device(s) connected via Wireless Connection / Wi-Fi.

We did an article that will help you improve your wireless connection available here. Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

kmh002
Level 3

Good afternoon Shane,

The NBN box is indicating that I have a NBN connection at all times but the connection between the box & the gateway is failing. Although, the gateways indicator lights are all showing green.

When the gateway fails I loose my home phone (no dial tone & when calling-in the message advises that the number you are calling does not exist) & I am unable to connect any device to the Wi-fi network even though there is a strong signal indication (2.4G & 5G).

I must note that last night the gateway was working and didn't fail, keeping in mind that a hard re-set was performed the day before. I'm not sure if I have manually entered all the correct setting within the gateway but it appears to be working at the moment.

Regards,

kmh002.

Erika

Hi @kmh002

Thanks for the additional information. 

I understand that currently, the connection is working after the checks that you've done.

Should the issue persists, please let us know your best contact time and number via Private Message as I would recommend to have one of our technicians assist further you in resolving this issue. 

For your reference, please see How do I private message (PM) in the community. 

Regards,