TPG Community

Get online support

LAN Ports not working vr1600

barrydan
Level 2
Hi,
I recently moved house and moved my TPG account along with the provided modem.
At my current address we have NBN HFC which was installed two days ago. The service is working well and have been able to connect the modem to the NBN box and can devices to wifi.
The problem is that the LAN ports on the modem are not working (no lights switch on and the modem doesn’t recognise any devices plugged into the LAN ports). I am trying to connect a wifi extender to the modem using an Ethernet cable to the LAN ports.
This seems to be a common problem and I’ve read many threads. The modem is less than 1 year old and firmware is up to date.
Can you please advise how to fix this problem? Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @barrydan

Have you tried all of the LAN ports on the modem/router?

Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable?

If yes, you may factory reset the modem/router and see if it's going to do the trick.

If not, shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check on this further.

BasilDV

barrydan
Level 2
Hi,
Thanks for arranging a new modem which arrived today.
I’ve followed the TPG guide to set up the modem and again it is working and can connect wifi devices but not of the lights for the LAN ports switch on and cannot connect to them for internet.
Could you help please?
BasilDV

Hi @barrydan

The provided modem/router is brand new, which the LAN port should work.

Are you able to try another Ethernet cable? Have you checked if what IP address are you getting when connecting via Wired?

How many devices are you trying to connect to the LAN port?

BasilDV