TPG Community

Get online support

Lead in conduit - need TPG to properly follow up with NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
mesh83
Level 2

Hi,

It has been an agonizing 2 months trying to get NBN at the property i rent. FTTN area.

So, 1st attempt of installation with NBN did not go through because of missing lead in conduit and cable.

NBN contractor gave guidance to contact NBN sales and discuss options on how to have lead in conduit installed. My property manager and landlord followed up and were advised by NBN sales that NBN can install a lead in conduit and cable, but need to assess the separate cost for it. To get the assessment, NBN requested the application owner (me in this case) to raise it with RSP (TPG) to escalate a remediation and specifically request the assessment for a lead in conduit and cable. I've called TPG NBN case team many times and keep on being told that there is no such thing. At the same time, i called NBN myself and continue to get a different answer. I'm starting to get frustrated at the incompetence of TPG here.

Today, TPG arranged for an NBN tech visit. I assume it was for the lead in conduit. Again the same problem, no NBN tech knocking at my door and when i called NBN, i get the same answer: TPG needs to rebook an appointment specifically for remediation and mention that there is no lead in conduit and cable.

I'm very frustrated at this moment with the efficiencies of following simple instructions:

• What i need is NBN to install a lead in conduit and cable. NBN said they can do it (with separate cost) but the request needs to go through TPG.
  • I need TPG to properly follow up the case and ensure that the right NBN tech comes to the premise and i get an assessment a.s.a.p on this lead in conduit. TPG has been fast to deduct the $499 fee from me, but has been not bothered to follow the case to bring up the service.

I'm really frustrated to keep on calling TPG's support number again and again and going back in circles, so i'm trying to reach out here one more time, this time through the support community. If this fails, i will have to cancel the application with TPG and get a full refund back. Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @mesh83,

It seems like you've already spoken to a Case Manager earlier and that an appointment has been booked. It was only noted that a quote will be provided to you by the NBN technician.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards,

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
BasilDV

Hi @mesh83,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We would like to look into your account to understand the situation.

We tried to search for it using your community details to no avail.

Please shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

mesh83
Level 2

Hi,

So, i have an NBN tech turned up for a 8-12 appointment today. The first thing i asked is "are you here for remediation?" and he immediately replies "no, the work order was to just hook you up".

He quickly takes a look the setup and conveys the same message- A lead in conduit needs to be remediated to go all the way to the pit. He checks his work order and back to NBN and confirm the requests didn't include a remediation. He takes some photos, will write it up to NBN that it needs remediation and recommends the same to me again - "TPG needs to request for a remediation". I'm tired of hearing the same thing again, and we're just both disappointed that work cannot be done. It seems the RSP in between us is simply incompetent.

At this point, i'm losing hope on TPG being a reliable RSP that can get me a service. hours wasted on phone calls, days wasted waiting for tech appointments, 2 months of waiting and still nothing.

So, i'd like to go ahead and cancel this application with TPG and get the full refund. Please don't screw me on that at least. Let me know what i need to do for cancellation.

Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this installation issue is causing you and we are saddened to know that you'd like to cancel the service, @mesh83.

We can see that this issue has been escalated to our Provisioning Team. We'll forward your message and will have a case manager contact you between 12PM and 3PM NSW time today to discuss the matter.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Will

Hi @mesh83,

Our records show that a Provisioning Case Manager has already contacted you regarding the status of your installation.

From what I gathered, the NBN technician failed to complete the installation due to a premise issue. It was noted that you need to have an internal trench and conduit of 15-20 meters done at your location first before NBNCo can complete the installation. For the additional work, you are supposed to get a private technician. I believe that you advised your Case Manager that you were informed differently by an NBN technician. As a result, your Provisioning Case Manager has raised it to NBNCo for clarification.

Please wait for feedback from your Provisioning Case Manager regarding this.

If you have other concerns, you may leave a comment on this thread.

Regards,

mesh83
Level 2

Hi,

Yes, i'm aware. This was the original discussion since a month ago, so you can see my frustration that the same thing is repeated by TPG without any extra effort to go beyond repeating the "internal network shortfall" response. The only discrepancy here is:

1. NBN and NBN tech says that a remediation can be done by NBN at a separate cost. Private technician is not only the only option. Spoke many times to NBN, each time a different person and i still get the same answer.
  2. TPG keeps on repeating the same thing - no process in TPG to escalate a remediation request. NBN themselves are puzzled at that remark when i mention it to them. But unfortunately, any request to NBN apparently needs to go through RSP. 

Case manager willl send an email to NBN to clarify this with me in cc (I haven't seen it yet, but i will give it the 24-48 hours mentioned by the case manager)

So, yes, i will wait for 24-48 hours for a final answer from TPG. If it's the same repetition, i will request for a cancellation and full refund.

Will

Hi @mesh83,

The recommendation provided by the NBN technician was actually unusual since it doesn't seem to match the information being provided by NBNCo as noted in the order itself.

Let's wait for NBNCo's response to the case raised by your Case Manager.

Regards,

mesh83
Level 2

Hi,

Ok. I have yet to see the email from TPG to NBN with me in cc. Is that coming?

Riezl

Hi @mesh83, we had a look at your account and we can see that the case manager cc'd the email address linked to your TPG account.

Please check your inbox or SPAM mail. Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

mesh83
Level 2
Hi,

No. I have gone through my inbox and spam of the mentioned email address. No email from TPG