TPG Community

Get online support

League of Legends, unable to connect to server error

kesutu
Level 2

Occasionally when I attempt to enter a League of Legends game I will get the error

'unable to connect to server. please check your network connection and attempt to reconnect to your game'

At this point, I will be entirely unable to connect to this game even after doing all of the following:

1. Restarting all modems and routers
  2. Restarting client
  3. Restarting PC
  4. Flushing DNS

I can connect to the game if I use mobile tethering to my PC, which points towards the issue being with my TPG NBN. This only occurs on some of the games I try to connect to.

My theory is that there are a cluster of different League of Legend servers and one or a few of them TPG is unable to connect to it for whatever reason (routing issue? no idea). Anyone know what the hell I can do to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
David_M

Hi @kesutu 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @kesutu 

I have checked your TPG-FTTB(VDSL) 100/40 service and speed is good. Your modem has also been authenticated for 1 week without drops, so the issue dosnt appear to be with the service.

It may be a wireless issue if you are using your device wirelessly.

Best way to TS is to use a cable to rul any wifi issues in or out.

Wireless interference can cause various issues with your WiFi network. If all of your devices connected to via WiFi are affected, then you may need to change some wireless settings. We've created an article that will guide you on How to improve your home network.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...

If it is a server thing, sorry mate, cant offer any advice on that.

Regards,
David_M

kesutu
Level 2

I am currently using a wired connection.

Furthermore, the issue isn't with my net dropping out (it doesn't drop out, nor does the speed falter), the issue is that some times the League game is entirely unconnectable, despite my net otherwise being fine.

david64
Level 15

Other users have reported high ping times with various game servers.

Do you know the host name or ip address of the game server? At different times of the day, you could do a ping of the hostname/ip address as well as     tracert -d     of hostname/ipaddress. Most of the day, you'll probably have good response times. When response time is bad, the tracert will show where the network delays are. Do tracert without the   -d   and it will show the hostname of the routers in the network path, which might point to the organisation causing the problem. 

You might like to check out this post: 

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/High-Ping/m-p/58479/highlight/false#M23095