TPG Community

Get online support

Mail Filter Settings

Brado
Level 3

When using the TPG post office, I want to add legitimate address that are caught in my Spam filter to the Allowed Email Addresses in the email filter settings. Can you please change the "allowed email addresses" pop up box to NOT have "Spam Folder" as the default settings. I am at a loss to understand why you even have "Spam Folder" as an option in the "Allowed Email Addresses" mail filter settings and why it is the default for an ALLOWED mail filter????

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Brado,

Thanks for raising this to us. I would love to help and get to the bottom of this, can you please post a screen shot of the 'Allowed Email Addresses' settings on this thread for additional reference. 

Regards,

When using the TPG post office, I want to add legitimate address that are caught in my Spam filter to the Allowed Email Addresses in the email filter settings. Can you please change the "allowed email addresses" pop up box to NOT have "Spam Folder" as the default settings. I am at a loss to understand why you even have "Spam Folder" as an option in the "Allowed Email Addresses" mail filter settings and why it is the default for an ALLOWED mail filter????

Brado
Level 3
Hi Shane, this is immediately on clicking on the "+ add new" of the Allowed Email Addresses.
Brad
Shane

Hi @Brado,

Thanks for posting the screen shot. Our Post Office email filtering options currently using the SPAM folder as the default folder, we will take this into consideration. We recommend to manually select the Folder on where to relocate the emails.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Hi Shane, this is immediately on clicking on the "+ add new" of the Allowed Email Addresses.
Brad
Brado
Level 3
Hi Shane,
This is the allowed email address box. Why even have a spam option? And have the spam as default make it so easy to mistakenly block allowed addresses which has happened to me on several occasions causing me to miss important emails.
I hope TPG can fix this issue promptly. Maybe it wouldn't be such an issue if your span detection worked well but I have it set to the highest level due to the volume of spam that your servers allow through, which then means any email address not in my allowed list is flagged as spam and I have to put all genuine addresses into the allowed list and I have entered over 400 now into my allowed list so you can see how easy it is to inadvertently forget to change the default from spam to inbox.
Brad