TPG Community

Get online support

Many apps not working on TPG 5G home internet

Greyhound
Level 2
Recently signed up for TPG 5G home internet and things were ok for the first few weeks. All my apps worked as normal and loaded correctly. Roughly 3 weeks ago I started having issues with twitter (X) not loading images and videos unless I switched to my mobile data. From this point onwards many other apps began to stop loading completely or altogether. This included some banking apps, telegram, some games and whatsapp.

After having a look online it seemed there were others with similar issues and I suspected my sagecomm modem and so contacted TPG asking for the new Nokia fastmike modem they were shipping out to new customers.

After getting the new modem and a few days of things working ok, apps began to stop loading correctly on wifi and same issue with twitter.

At this point I use my mobile data far more than the home internet I pay for and it is becoming a joke. Seems someone is posting about this exact issue every other day and nothing seems to be getting done.
4 REPLIES 4
david64
Master

Hi @Greyhound . Can you describe the failures you are having? Is the web page incomplete? Does the icon keep spinning? Little red x's where graphics are missing?

Have you seen anywhere in Nokia where you can override the DNS addresses?
If not, you can try to do it on your wifi device. When you make the wifi connectiion, there is an option "Show advanced options". In IP Settings, select Static (instead of DHCP). This lets you assign addresses for DNS1 and DNS2. Set them to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS). This is on Android.

Then try the apps.

david64
Master
Greyhound
Level 2
Hi David, IPv6 cannot be disabled. Many other users of TPG 5G home internet have the exact same issue and it seems it has something to do with it. I have tried setting my DNS to googles and still the same issue.
Aubrey

@Greyhound send your details via PM and we'll raise a ticket under your account.