TPG Community

Get online support

Maximum internet connection speed

smitty260
Level 2

Hi,

I have been advised the maximum speed at my property is 38 Mbps. It said it could be due to the quality of the copper cable connected to our residence as we are on a FTTN connection or that it could be to do with the transition period but the transitioning starting 3 years ago so shouldn't be that. Is there anything that can be done in regards to upgrading our cable so that we can get faster speeds?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address and mobile number so i can check if better option available.

regards

JayeshP9

JayeshP9

Hi smitty260,

I have checked here and your current technology is FTTN and you house is around 800 Meters from node so that's reason your sync speed is around 38/22 Mbps. I haven't seen any update from nbn to upgrade it to FTTC.

I hope this information can help.

Regards

JayeshP9.

smitty260
Level 2

@JayeshP9 wrote:

Hi smitty260,

I have checked here and your current technology is FTTN and you house is around 800 Meters from node so that's reason your sync speed is around 38/22 Mbps. I haven't seen any update from nbn to upgrade it to FTTC.

I hope this information can help.

Regards

JayeshP9.

Hi JayeshP9,

So there is nothing we can do unless NBN decide to upgrade it to FTTC?

Thanks,

smitty260

JayeshP9

Hi smitty260,

The reason for slower sync speed due to distance from node so that's reason nbn has future plan of rollout of FTTN to FTTC and you are right we can't do anything else nbn become initiative for it but as to me nbn first priority is to roll out of ADSL to any of nbn technology for lots of customer who haven't got nbn.

regards

JayeshP9.