TPG Community

Get online support

Missing VPN Setup on Archer VR1600v v2

SOLVED Go to solution
curtis192
Level 3

Hi,

I went into my modem today to configure a VPN (I am sure I have done this within the past 6 months) to find the VPN 'section' of the advanced setings is missing.

My firmware is 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Has TPG taken that configuration away? Anyone else on this version of firmware still have the VPN 'section'?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @auMatt,

In the best interests of our network and customer security, our vendor and security team have chosen to disable the VPN Server functionality on the TPLink VR1600

If you wish to use VPN server functionality, we recommend you install 3rd party software on your PC/server which will address your needs.

Regards,

View solution in original post

76 REPLIES 76
Shane

Hi @curtis192 ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'll check this with our engineering Team please send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@curtis192 wrote:

Hi,

I went into my modem today to configure a VPN (I am sure I have done this within the past 6 months) to find the VPN 'section' of the advanced setings is missing.

Has TPG taken that configuration away? Anyone else on this version of firmware still have the VPN 'section'?

Regards.

bluebird1999
Level 2

Hi, curtis:

Did you solve this problem? I also want to configure the vpn on this same router.

thanks!

curtis192
Level 3

Not as yet. Waiting for 'Engineering' to get back to me. I'll post back up here when I get a resolution.

loada
Level 2

@Shane wrote:

Hi @curtis192 ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'll check this with our engineering Team please send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Regards,

@curtis192 wrote:

Hi,

Regards.

Hi Shane 

I have the same issue on Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000 -  Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n 

I used to run OpenVPN on the router but the option has disappared - it used to be visible under Advanced>VPN>OpenVPN

Can you please find out why this feature was removed and if it can be restored ASAP?

Thanks

James

Shane

Hi @loada,

Please send me your account information (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can raise this to our team together with your service details.

Regards,

@Shane wrote:

Hi @curtis192 ,

Regards,

@curtis192 wrote:

Hi,

Regards.

Hi Shane 

I have the same issue on Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000 -  Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n 

I used to run OpenVPN on the router but the option has disappared - it used to be visible under Advanced>VPN>OpenVPN

Can you please find out why this feature was removed and if it can be restored ASAP?

Thanks

James

mgobbo2018
Level 2

Hi,

I'm also missing the VPN option 

0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Can you please let me know why this is the case, and how to resolve it as soon as possible. I rely on this option to ensure safe internet access for my kids. 

Regards

Shane

Hi @mgobbo2018,

At the moment the issue with the missing VPN page on our supplied modem/router is still under investigation, send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can notify you when update becomes available.

Here is how, How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi,

Can you please let me know why this is the case, and how to resolve it as soon as possible. I rely on this option to ensure safe internet access for my kids. 

Regards

curtis192
Level 3

I am unsure as to why this issue is still ongoing. It surely cannot be that difficult to investigate the cause.

Worst case, send a new modem that does have the correct VPN setting and take the faulty one back.

This is very frustrating.

@Shane wrote:

Hi @mgobbo2018,

At the moment the issue with the missing VPN page on our supplied modem/router is still under investigation, send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can notify you when update becomes available.

Here is how, How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi,

Regards

curtis192
Level 3

OK, an update. A 'fake news' update, but an update from TPG:

"We've been recently advised that VPN is not a feature that is supported by that modem. We are currently working with them to see if something else can be done about this."

Now, given: 

1) I have had this option on this actual modem in the past, and I have used it to connect a VPN

2) The manual states VPN as a configuratin option

3) This image https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/1589iE032182F36E51CFE/image-size/large?v=1... from the TPG community shows that their is a VPN tab (that is MISSING from my router) on the configuration screens

I find the above from TPG extremely hard to believe.

Still, I've gone back to them to keep up the pressure.