TPG Community

Get online support

Modem Keeps Disconnecting

PCowan
Level 2
Hi,

I am having real problems with my internet connection. For the last 2-3 weeks the connection drops for hours at a time. The internet light on the Huawei Home Gateway goes out.

Restarting the router does absolutely nothing.

Today, for example, it went outbearlybthis morning, came back on for about an hour late afternoon, went out for another few hours, back on for one and it's just gone out again.

It is extremely annoying the fact it has been doing this for so long. The number of outages and the times it happens makes me think it is not an external problem (working on lines etc).

Can you please help me?
13 REPLIES 13
BasilDV

Hi @PCowan 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line.

There's a possible fault within the NBN network that needs to be investigated. I've escalated the case to our Engineering team and they'll be in touch with you via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

BasilDV

PCowan
Level 2
Many thanks for this. Hopefully it'll be a quick fix - I'm being forced to take 2 weeks vacation at Christmas and it will be unbearable without my Netflix.

I have changed telephone numbers recently and I'm concerned you may have my old one on file. How do I update this?

Many thanks again
BasilDV

Hi @PCowan 

You may send your contact number via PM.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

You may also update your contact details via "My Account", then go to "Update contact and payment details".

Regards,

BasilDV

Riezl

Hi @PCowan, we can see that our Engineering Team lodged the case to NBN Co. and they have booked a technician for Wednesday, 11 December 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM to further investigate the issue.

The team is closely monitoring this and the case engineer will be in touch via SMS or phone call for any additional update.

Should you have further queries, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

PCowan
Level 2
So the engineer was apparently booked in for this morning.

It is now coming up to 8.30pm. I have been home from 5pm. There has been no internet in all that time.

Another evening where I haven't been able to work from home. I now have to get up and go into the office early.

It has been slightly better since Monday, but has now gone back worse than it has ever been.

Can someone please have another look and see why I am paying for something I'm not getting?
Rica_R

Hi @PCowan, thank you reaching out to us! We value your feedback and are here to help turn around your experience with TPG.

We can appreciate that this has been a frustrating experience because the NBN technician is not able to finish the job as you have requested.

We'll have this escalated to our Engineering Team to get this resolved the soonest time possible.

Kindly PM to us your preferred contact number and time. Thanks!

PCowan
Level 2
My relationship with TPG is now over.

Give me an email address where I can send an invoice to.
Ahra_G

We regret to learn that you wish to disconnect your service with us, @PCowan. I understand that the fault has been long overdue however our Engineering team is making sure that everything follows through to get the issue resolved in the soonest time possible.

I will inform the assigned Engineer of your intent to disconnect the service. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

PCowan
Level 2
Don't bother. The engineer was supposed to be there between 8am and 12pm today. Just the same as they were supposed to be there last Wednesday between the same hours.

I have now lost 12 hours of pay to sit on my are waiting.

Please provide an email address to which I can send an invoice.