TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Cable Broadband Unlimited Superfast - Speed Issue

lamskt
Level 2

Hello,

Back in March 2021, I received the six month complimentary internet speed boost to the NBN Home Superfast 200Mbps from my original NBN50 plan. As of 4 September 2021 (end of six months), I have opted to pay more to stay on the Superfast plan. However, through general use and tests I can see that the internet speed has dropped back to my NBN50 plan levels. So now I am paying more but not receiving the same levels of internet speed during this six month complimentary period. Nothing has changed from a hardware or software perspective.

Earlier this week, I called the TPG helpline and they have run checks remotely with no issue detected on the lines. They then closed my incident saying everything is normal, but clearly that was not the case as my interent speeds remained subpar. I replied and raised my concern again. The following day a NBN technician arrived onsite at my home and ran a few checks and also detected no issues. I don't believe the downgrade in internet speed relates to any technical or physical issue as everything has remained the same. But coincedentally and suspiciously the internet speeds were downgraded between the plan change dates.

This is increasingly frustrating as I have made multiple attempts in contacting TPG via several mediums with no solution. If these internet speeds remain at this level whilst I am paying more for no improvement in service, I will have no option but to choose to downgrade my plan again back to NBN50 or find another internet service provider.

Kind regards

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @lamskt,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I would love to help and get to the bottom of this, to better understand the status of the connection, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hello,

Back in March 2021, I received the six month complimentary internet speed boost to the NBN Home Superfast 200Mbps from my original NBN50 plan. As of 4 September 2021 (end of six months), I have opted to pay more to stay on the Superfast plan. However, through general use and tests I can see that the internet speed has dropped back to my NBN50 plan levels. So now I am paying more but not receiving the same levels of internet speed during this six month complimentary period. Nothing has changed from a hardware or software perspective.

Earlier this week, I called the TPG helpline and they have run checks remotely with no issue detected on the lines. They then closed my incident saying everything is normal, but clearly that was not the case as my interent speeds remained subpar. I replied and raised my concern again. The following day a NBN technician arrived onsite at my home and ran a few checks and also detected no issues. I don't believe the downgrade in internet speed relates to any technical or physical issue as everything has remained the same. But coincedentally and suspiciously the internet speeds were downgraded between the plan change dates.

This is increasingly frustrating as I have made multiple attempts in contacting TPG via several mediums with no solution. If these internet speeds remain at this level whilst I am paying more for no improvement in service, I will have no option but to choose to downgrade my plan again back to NBN50 or find another internet service provider.

Kind regards

avt85
Level 4

had the same issue.

despite signing up to the new superfast (discounted) plan. i still got reverted to nbn 50.

i rang tech support today and was told that NBN reverted my connection back from trial connection
so they sent another request to get nbn to connect to the new super fast connection.
this was today morning, they said 24hours to be actioned.

so will see tomorrow. I just thought this would have been automatic since the charge for the new plan was already actioned, account settings confirms the new plan and received email plan already changed over.

it seems like a disconnect between billing and actual plan changes.

avt85
Level 4

rang again today (24hours later)

it appears that the attempt to switch me over failed again and reverted back to nbn50.
been advised that it is being escalated to account's team who has more permission to forcefully adjust this.

check back gain in 24hours Smiley Sad
hopefully this time it actually takes effect.
so far 3 days into the paid new plan and only got nbn50 speeds Smiley Sad

lamskt
Level 2
Thanks for fixing my problem. After you do something on your side, internet download speed back to normal, same as the free period try period
avt85
Level 4

glad your issue got sorted @lamskt 

now just waiting for the same to be applied to mine.

how long did they take to fix yours? 24 or 48hours?

lamskt
Level 2
I posted on Friday, Tpg reply on Saturday and fixed today.
avt85
Level 4

oh ok thanks @lamskt 

so 2 days it appears.

hopefully to be fixed tomorrow for me too.

otherwise, ill just downgrade back to NBN 50 if not getting the speed one is paying for anyway. haha