NBN Dropping Out

MJ82
Level 2

Hi

I have been using tpg for many years now and have been 100% satisfied with the service. However, for the last few weeks, my internet has been constantly dropping out and it's starting to get a little frustrating. I have tried power cycling the modem, changing cables, and even buying a new modem but nothing helps. Hopefully, you guys have an answer.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @MJ82 

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

I've managed to locate your account and ran a few remote tests. It appears that there are drop outs on the connection however, we are yet to determine which causes the connection issues.

I have since raised the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G