TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTC Connection issue - slow speeds and no connection

SOLVED Go to solution
bkunit101
Level 2

I recently moved home and moved my TPG NBN service. The service transferred and I was able to setup the connection in the new home (following the setup guide) with the existing hardware I had from a prior address.

However, I now consistently receive either:

1. substantially less than advertised speeds - maximum download is around 17mbp when I'm on NBN100 plan; or

2. no connection at all, for hours at a time, with no clear pattern around when it will work and not work.

I have attempted all troubleshooting steps outlined here and here with no change (includuing reseting the devices, using an ethernet cable etc.)

When it is not working, the Connection Light on NBN connection device flashes repeatedly and the broadband light flashes occassionally.

When it is working, which has become increasingly rare, the connection is consistently below 20mbps as seen in the attached screenshots of TPG speed tests.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bkunit101
Level 2

Hi Ahra_G,

Thanks for the response. The connection is working again now and has been working reliably for a few days - I didn't change anything on my end. The speeds are below my plan, but I received an email from TPG about this already as it appears it was automatically detected so I will downgrade my plan.

No other help needed. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @bkunit101

Welcome to the Community! 

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link:Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

I've managed to locate your account and have not detected any connection. Did you turn your modem off? 

Nonetheless, we'd be glad to organise a call back from our Technical team for assistance. Please do let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call. 

Regards,

Ahra_G 

bkunit101
Level 2

Hi Ahra_G,

Thanks for the response. The connection is working again now and has been working reliably for a few days - I didn't change anything on my end. The speeds are below my plan, but I received an email from TPG about this already as it appears it was automatically detected so I will downgrade my plan.

No other help needed. Thanks.

Ahra_G

Good to know that the connection is now back up and running, @bkunit101

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Cheers! 

garythomann13
Level 6

What was the solution to fix your slow download issue?  Please post.

Feel the love, like and post on each others community forum threads

"NBN Dropouts & slow download - Gold Coast, Benowa 4217"