TPG Community

Get online support

NBN / FTTC / TP-Link router and measuring connection uptime

steve3140
Level 3

I recently moved to NBN Fibre To The Curb (FTTC) and I think we finally have a stable connection; there were some initial dropout issues, hopefully now resolved.

We have the TP-Link Archer VR1600v router running firmware v0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n.

Because NBN FTTC uses the EWAN interface on the router, there is no reporting of connection uptime.

Q1.  is a new version of TP-Link firmware coming which will report on connection uptime?

Q2.  is there any other method you can recommend to check this in the meantime?

I know it can be detected by TPG Support, but I'm looking for something I can check myself.

Thanks,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @steve3140 If you just wan't to check if you've had any disconnects you may be able to check that in the system log by going to: advanced>system tools>system log, in addition to that if you've had any loss of dsl synchronization your WAN IP will have changed on reconnection.

steve3140
Level 3

Thanks for the idea.

Yes, I've looked at the syslog data previously, but unfortunately it is overwhelmed with hundreds and hundreds of Information logs relating to VOIP:

ID Time Type Level Log Content

12018-12-31 18:13:30VOIPInformationRegister to server address 172.26.0.65:5060
22018-12-31 18:12:47VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call

I've also registered a dynamic DNS record with NoIP, however there's no guarantee that detecting a change in IP Address would represent all possible reconnect events (i.e. one might reconnect with the same IP and therefore not be detected).

Hopefully there will be an updated firmware somewhere in our future that will report this info for FTTC users.

Ahra_G

Hi @steve3140

Thanks for reaching out! I've managed to run remote tests on our end and have not seen any evident line fault that can affect the service. In fact, the modem shows connected for more than a week now which indicates a stable connection. 

I believe that your modem is fairly new but we can certainly check if there is a new firmware upgrade available. 

You may also check this link for some troubleshooting tips: Troubleshooting Your Internet Connection

If the issue persists, kindly let us know of your best contact time & number via private message so we can organise a call back to be made from our Technical Team. 

Cheers!