TPG Community

Get online support

NBN - FTTC multiple ongoing dropouts

SOLVED Go to solution
bluefin
Level 2

I have been having multiple NBN dropouts over the last 3-4 weeks - The systems of these dropouts are that the 'Lan' and 'DSL' lights on the modem go out.  I have raised several tickets with the TPG support team who have examined the logs and observed the dropouts.  They arranged for an NBN technicial to come out.  This NBN technicialn did a few tests and replaced a few bits of wire in the outside box. When I asked him if he'd identified the problem he said "No,  but should be alright".   It was alright for about a day and then the dropouts returned.    
On Feb 15th 2022 the droputs  were so bad that I had well over 20 droputs.  This severely disrupted my ability to work from home.    I have raised  another ticket with the TPG support team - They again told me that they could see the droputs in the logs, and would escalate to NBN.   But I have not yet heard from the NBN.  I have called TPB support on this again, and they said NBN would be contacting me again.   They have not.

Yesterday  19/2/22  the droput extended for approximatly an hour.  But this time the FTTC modem could not even extablish physical connection as the "Link" light also went out.   

I called TPG suppport,   and left my number to return the call on but I never received a call.

I have an open support ticket with TPG.  But the support team don't seem to be actively managing my case  and  the NBN don't seem to acknowleged that they havn't fixed my problem.

Not happy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bluefin
Level 2

The NBN tech came  out again to deal with this problem.  This time he decided to replace the lead-in cable from the house to the collector in the pit in the footpath.   He showed me the old lead-in cable - the insulation was broken and the pairs exposed with one of the pairs actually broken.  This is highly likely to be the cause of the prroblem.    Even so, just to be sure the technician replaced the wall socket, the cabling from the wall to the junction box outside, and replaced the Modem also.   

So far its working fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Angeli

Hi @bluefin

Thanks for raising this matter to us. I'll chase this up with our Engineering Team and have your assigned case engineer to contact you at the soonest time today to provide an update. Kindly send your TPG account details privately and include your preferred callback time, so I can have it organised.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Thanks,

Angeli

bluefin
Level 2

The NBN tech came  out again to deal with this problem.  This time he decided to replace the lead-in cable from the house to the collector in the pit in the footpath.   He showed me the old lead-in cable - the insulation was broken and the pairs exposed with one of the pairs actually broken.  This is highly likely to be the cause of the prroblem.    Even so, just to be sure the technician replaced the wall socket, the cabling from the wall to the junction box outside, and replaced the Modem also.   

So far its working fine.

Angeli

Hi @bluefin

Your feedback has been passed on to our Engineering Team and your case is now resolved. Feel free to contact us if you require an assistance in the future. 

Cheers!