TPG Community

Get online support

NBN (FTTN) Cutting off

Zhsyed07
Level 2

The internet keeps cutting off for extended periods of time. This began a few weeks ago and it lasted for about a week. During this time we were not able to achieve a wireless connection to our NBN network. The problem then disappeared on its own. However the same issue occurred last night, wheriein any wireless device was unable to connect.

Re-starting the modem restores the interent connection issues for about 5-10mins before it drops out again. All the lights seem to be green and working fine when this happens. The wires were all double-checked and connected correctly yet the issue persists.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Zhsyed07 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We tried to locate your account using your community details to no avail.

It seems that you are experiencing a WiFi signal interference, which causes your WiFi connection to drop.

We've created an article that will guide you on how to improve your WiFi network. Here's the link.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

Zhsyed07
Level 2

Hey, it's been a while but the advice you've given didn't seem helpful as devices were all connected before the issue. The Wi-Fi is able to be connected from nearly everywhere in the house when it is working. The problem is that it isn't working. I've come across this thread again because the issue happened again. Our FTTN NBN Wi-Fi has stopped working.

I've checked the outages and maintenances with TPG internet services, which don't match up with this connection disruption. Additionally I've re-connected wires, tried using ethernet and even resetting the modem to no avail. I can't seem to find any solutions to this problem.

BasilDV

Hi @Zhsyed07,

Thanks for getting back.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number in order to check this further.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

BasilDV