TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTN random dropouts

SurfingVet
Level 2

Hi,

My router (NETGEAR D6220) has been frequently dropping internet for a long time now. Download/Upload speed is not an issue. The dropouts happen regardless of congested traffic on the network (1 to 3 users at a time). Rebooting it doesn't do anything as the router still takes about 5 minutes before connecting to the internet. The dropouts also happen at any time during the day/night, so I don't think it's because of peak hour in my FTTN area. I've also updated the router firmware and factory resetted it but the issue still remains unchanged. Regards

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @SurfingVet 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've tested the NBN line, but was not able to detect any fault.

We've made some adjustments to your service and refresh it manually.

Please observe your connection and let us know if it recurs.

BasilDV

SurfingVet
Level 2

Thanks for your reply. The frequency of dropouts has reduced but loss of internet just occured. Just me on the network so I can't say for sure what the cause is. Do I need a new router perhaps?

Edit: Just happened again shortly after this. Is it possible that frequently using a VPN is causing this? Is there anything I can do?

Riezl

Hi @SurfingVet, may we know if you still have the TPG modem? If yes, are you able to use it so we can check whether the connection will continue to drop?