TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTN to FTTP Upgrade Suburb

SOLVED Go to solution
Truth
Level 2
TPG have no interest in anyone that asks for a FTTN to FTTP Upgrade. After 3 call attempts at asking here are the results.
-Was speaking to "Engineering department" who said i need to get transfered to "Sales" as they couldnt see if my area was eligible on their end despite me telling them according to nbnco it was. Got transfered to Either someone working from home or a chicken farm who played dumb, asking the same questions with really long pauses essentially just waiting for me to hang up in frustration. Eventually she said she would have to transfer my call and ended up just putting the phone down. I could hear her talking in the background and some chickens clucking.
-Called "Sales" directly asked about the upgrade they said yeah i just need to transfer you to "Upgrades department" and was transfered to a disconnected line.
-Since the last couple of calls were pretty comic. I thought I'd try 1 more time just for a laugh. This time I just just got an email about the upgrade from nbnco basically giving me the same information thats on their website. The main bit of information on the email was to call the isp for the upgrade. So called again and happen to have the same lady again after telling her what the email said she just said "We dont do the upgrade on our end nbnco would be the one to contact us when it is available".
Just choose another provider
BasilDV

Hi @Truth

We've already registered your interest with the upgrade and based on NBN Co., we will receive an update once it becomes available before we contact you to process the order.

If we haven't contacted you directly, then it means that we haven't received any update from NBN Co about the upgrade availability.

BasilDV

rmwilliam
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

I hope you're well. Just checking to see whether I have been correctly registered as well. I'll ping you a PM when it lets me!

Thanks in advance,

Rick

nick77752
Level 2

How do I register with TPG for the free NBN co upgrade to FTTP ?

BasilDV

Hi @nick77752

We'd like to register your interest with the upcoming NBN Fibre upgrade.

Kindly send me a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

rockeater
Level 2

Only sending this message to be able to send private messge in oprder to register for upgrade.

CHeers

Roman

Blackhalo
Level 2

Are you saying that this is the method TPG are using to show interest?