NBN FTTN

froggy
Level 2

WAS CONNECTED TO NBN FTTN YESTERDAY ON NBN 50 I AM GETTIG SPEED BETWEEN 13 TO 22 MBS DOWNLOAD AND 9 TO 12 UPLOAD AND ALSO DROP OUT SOMETIME FOR 2 OR 3 SECONDS. VERY FRUSTATING WHEN YOU ARE USING IT AND THAT HAPPEN. ANY SOUTION.MODEM SUPPLY BY TPG TP LINK VR1600v. ANY SOLUTION. tHANKS

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi froggy

Welcome to TPG Community! 

We're sorry to know that you're experiencing issue with the connection. We're here to assist! I tried searching for your TPG account using your Community details but unable to locate any. 

Could you please send your Customer ID or username via PM so we can assist you accordingly? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Got your PM, froggy

I've managed to run remote test and the result was inconclusive. Have you perhaps performed the speedtest via wired connection and check the difference between wireless connection? 

I would recommend having a read on this article: Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

There’s also some great tips on this topic on TPG Community: Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Please check it out and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks! 

froggy
Level 2

I have tested both wireless and ethernet get the same results not even half the speed I paid for. contacted tp link can not locate the modem I was supply by TPG ARCHER VR 1600 v 1 try what was suggested by them no change drop out worst with ethernet connected. why was I supply a modem router that can not be trace in  tp  link was it acheap way to connect me on to nbn I am certainly not very happy that has to be solved very soon may be I should be offer a replacement modem who can be trace in TP link. 

Erika

Hi @froggy

The modem we provide is a world-class standard modem and we’ve optimised the setup to complement our specifically configured modem settings. It is a reliable and efficient modem.

I recommend to have one of our technicians reach you to carry out further checks. 

Please PM us your best contact time and number and I'll arrange this for you.

Cheers, 

Erika

Hi @froggy

Thanks for sending your details via PM. 

I've now arranged a call from one of our technicians tomorrow, Tuesday, 17 July between 8:30am - 9:30am. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.