TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC dropping out every hour since connecting

barbara1792
Level 2

I connected to NBN HFC with TPG on 18th December and since then have experienced constant drop outs, multiple times an hour, with no resolution.

When the drop outs occur, the internet light on the modem will go out and come back on every 30 seconds or so. I can't connect to the internet or load any web pages even when the light is on.

An NBN technician came and replaced the NBN connection box, which has always been working with all 4 lights on at all times. We were told another NBN technician would come to replace some wires outside the house but have had no communication or updates since.

I have power cycled the modem and NBN box multiple times, re-authenticated the modem and no results.

This has been extremely frustrating as we haven't had a consistent connection in almost 2 months since connecting the internet. We can't work or use anything with the internet and essentially having to connect to the internet for 2 months via our phone hotspot. Not ideal.

What is going on?

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @barbara1792,

We'd like to check if there's any underlying connection issue with your service that may be causing the drop outs. 

Here are some factors for dropouts: 

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us have your TPG account details (Customer ID/username) via private message in order for us to assist you further.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G