TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC frequent dropouts

pmoyle
Level 2

For the past 2-3 weeks we have experienced multiple NBN HFC dropouts daily. Prior to this period the connection was very stable.

On some occassions we observe the green LEDs on the Arris NTD (cable modem) are no longer lit, and the LEDs blink and eventually the connection resets and is connected again. On other occasions it appears to be issues with authenication (i.e. logging into the web server in the HG659 gateway at 192.168.1.1 and connecting with the PPPoE user account details) seems to fix the connection, although recently this is less likely.

There was some NBN activity at the end of our street around the time that this started to happen. I'm not sure if this is related, but the connection is very unstable now.

Could i have some advice

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @pmoyle ,

Welcome to the community!

We're able to locate your account using your community details and ran an initial test. The result shows multiple dropouts on the line and a possible line fault, we raised this to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation.

You will be contacted by one of our Engineers when assessment is done usually takes 24-48hrs via SMS or Phone call. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Will

Hi @pmoyle,

We have already raised this issue to NBNCo for further investigation. You will be provided updates once they're available.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @pmoyle ,

Our Engineering Team raised this to NBN co. and advised us that an NBN Technician is scheduled today and attendance is needed. Further updates will be provided by our Engineering Team when it's available.

Cheers!

Shane

We are currently waiting for NBN co.'s technician appointment update. You will receive an SMS or Phone call when it's available.

Cheers!